To listen live over your phone, Dial (646) 915-8148 Or Use the link below to listen or comment.
This Weeks Lesson:
(Not Just Knowing What, but Why?)
(euangelion- good news, good tidings)
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 NIV
A Study of the Book of Mark
“The Gospel of How Jesus Becomes King!”
1. What confession is made about Jesus? (8:27-30)
2. What did Jesus teach about? (8:31-33; 9:30-32; 10:32-45)
3. What person from the Old Testament is Jesus pointing to? (Isaiah 53)
4. What happened in 9:2-13?
5. Who shows up and why? (Exodus 33:18-23; 1 Kings 19:9-13)
6. What claim is Mark making about Jesus? (Colossians 2:9-10)
The Triumphal Entry (11:1-11)
7. What did this event symbolize? (2 Kings 9:11-13; Zechariah 9:9)
The Provocation of the King
8. Why does Jesus clear the temple? 11:12-18
9. What group is Jesus confronting? 11:27-33
10. What 3 questions does Jesus answer?
The On-going Truth of the Kingdom (13:1-37)
11. What will the kingdom be like until Jesus’ return?
The Anointing of the King (14:1-11)
12. What was symbolic about this anointing?
The Passover of the King (14:12-26)
13. What is the significance of Passover?
14. What was different about this Passover?
The Anguish of the King (14:27-31; 32-42)
15. What statement does Jesus make about his disciples?
16. Why was Jesus so anguished during his prayers?
The Arrest, Rejection, and Coronation of the King
17. What Scriptures must be fulfilled? (14:43-52) [Psalm 41:9; Proverbs 27:6]
18. Who rejected Jesus’s kingship? (14:53-65)
19. Who else reject Jesus’ kingship? (14:66-72)
20. Who else rejected Jesus’ kingship? (15:1-15)
21. What occurred during Jesus’ arrest? (15:16-20)*
Christ’s Passion as a Roman Triumph
Cohort of Roman Soldiers____________________________________________________________________
Adorned with the Purple Garment______________________________________________________________